Went home this weekend for Jeff and Julie's engagement party for Travis and Emily. It was nice, and I saw the Fryars and talked to them quite a bit.
Sometimes I look at Travis and see the little boy I babysat, and I can't believe he's getting married; and sometimes I look at him and he's such an adult, and it seems quite natural.
The family celebrated my birthday with traditional poppyseed cake (mmmmmm) on Saturday evening. Other highlights included a cup of Blue Mountain coffee that was so strong it made me lightheaded, making blackberry pies, and eating fresh corn and tomatoes for lunch. There was also salmon loaf, which was good but not, of course, fresh. I saw Finding Nemo for the first time and nearly wept. (How could such a good movie be about a fish? But it is. I kind of want the soundtrack.) Mama took me over to see Tobasco Probasco, the 10 day old miniature horse. He played with me agressively, like an overly exuberant large-breed dog. Fortunately he doesn't have teeth yet.
Rusty is getting old. Mama and Daddy have talked about it.
Drove Noah (the purple Stratus) back to the city so I can trade it in. I need to close some kind of deal in the next two days. On top of everything else, this is really stressful. I'd so rather be reading Harry Potter. Sigh.
Sunday, June 27, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment