Several all-nighters up at the office building (creepy!), a gajillion pots of green tea and considerably more morning coffee than I usually drink, and I turned in the final-final draft of my thesis last week. I gave the oral defense on Thursday and took the final-final-final copy to the dean today for approval. The dean, however, is out, so I'm free for a week. I figure I'll pack up and go home tomorrow.
To celebrate, I thought I'd treat myself to some Ridiculously Overprised University Merchandise. The hoodie I really wanted turned out to be over 50 bucks, and that was more overpriced than I could stand. I went for a navy cap with grey embroidery, and the one I wanted only came bundled with a cheapish grey silkscreened tee-shirt. I was happier about the tee-shirt when I saw that it included the name of the university mascot, the Trojans. (My inner twelve-year-old boy thinks that's quite amusing. We have Trojan Week here and everything.)
Monday, August 09, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment