Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Laundry list of whine

I've been really off my game. Yesterday, teach, plan lessons, teach, home, eat, grade papers, fall asleep, wake up, grade papers, lock self out of apartment at night, exercise, grade papers. Check email, eat crappy cookie, go to bed. Today, change that up by completely forgetting to teach my hour in the language lab. And letting myself run out of clean underwear. Also I can't seem to put anything down on a surface without it falling off. I got out of the shower and turned on the TV in time for Reno 911. Apparently I thought today was Wednesday.

It was like the day was poorly mixed, tasteless, hard, didn't bake right. I felt the same. Disappointing. Much like the oatmeal cookies I made last weekend.

Yesterday, in a shining moment, Truman and I hunted and killed a Giant Flying Cockroach using only paws, whiskers, a towel, a squirt bottle with bleach solution, a flashlight, my right sandle (The Mighty Thumper) and our wits and determination. Today I was collecting laundry, and a cockroach ran down my body to the floor, where I killed it with my work shoe. And then I killed it again with the Mighty Thumper. Dial antibacterial and 10 minutes of loofahing was required.

I just drank a long draught of what turned out to be slightly turned milk. Wonderful.

On the bright side, I found an old tape of a great, cancelled show, Greg the Bunny, with commercials for another great cancelled show, Andy Richter Controls the Universe. And promos for The X-Files: "Only eight episodes left!" Ah, time capsules.

No comments: