Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A week in August

It's my August break, and I get to spend a few days at home.



Daddy's flowers grew up pretty well!


A speckled zinnia (
"Glory be to God for dappled things..."); Cleo, quite the stressed-out cat.


Tuesday was less hazy than it's been lately, so I took a couple of hours and drove up on the Moutain.



Main Street; a wild sunflower at the first lookout; the serpenine section of the road.


I kept getting distracted by butterflies.




More of the scenic road; Queen Wilhelmena Lodge at the top.


The Lover's Leap trail; some heat-stressed flowers; a visitor along the path.


The view from Lover's Leap; the sun coming through a leaf on the trail.


Now you tell me about the bears?; the clouds were spectacular; the Depot at the end of the drive.


I should have pictures of the girls next!

No comments: