Monday, December 31, 2007

After Christmas

Things I saw on the road to and from Little Rock around Christmas:


Lights on a farm fence; gas station message (I have seen this type of message right above "99 CENT LAY'S POTATO CHIPS," which is a little weird, but still a nice sentiment); what is Frosty doing to Santa?


A rest stop in the woods on the way - stone drainage ditch and the hill behind the creek.


Morning sun and clouds; snow still on the Mountain.



Visiting friends at the Manises':


Allie giving Mama a mohawk; Lisa and Nora after naptime; Sol trying to be nice to Layla (but Layla was being a bit of a snot, sorry Sol!)


Sol sniffing his blanket; Layla (still grumpy!) with Miss Kristy; Suzanne and Nora.


Back home:


Daddy made a snowman so I'd get to see some snow (Allie is providing the arms); Layla's first drawing with humanoid features (I say it looks like baby Ike on South Park); Layla got into the bowl of Hershey's kisses.


Breakfast in bed was Allie's idea; my teddy bear on laundry day.



A couple more views of a frosty morning.

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

I thought the gas station picture was because the gas was less than $3 a gallon! Thanks for clarifying for me. = )

Shayna said...

Stephanie,
Hee! Yeah, it has generally stayed below $3 here, so it would be picture-worthy if it went above, but I hear other regions (like the Northeast) are not so... is "lucky" the word?

Stephanie Kay said...

We're currently $3.00-3.10 and THANKFUL for it! Crazy. I remember when gas was less than $1 (now I sound like me dad!). = )