
Allie's daddy got the globe and we had a little geography. Just to make sure Allie never ends up in an appalling situation like this.
Later we tried to go for a walk, but it started raining harder, so only Allie and I ended up risking catching our death of pneumonia in the 70-degree drizzle. :)

5 comments:
Yeah for a globe! We have a giant world map on our wall in the basement. The boys like to look at it and point to where all our family and friends live.
70 degrees?! We're supposed to hit 60 today - CRAZY for RI in Jan.!!
Stephanie,
I love maps! I would put them in every room of the house if I had my way. It can't help but affect geographic literacy, right? And they're so interesting!
The weather has been crazy all over the country this week! It's turned cold again today, but only after some huge storms and even a tornado in central Arkansas.
Okay, this is a lame question-and very off topic. However, I love that you put your picutres in a row, like a film strip. I can't figure out how to get that many on one line. How do you do it?
Hi Alicia, sorry it took me so long to reply! It's not a lame question at all. I upload my photos to a Photobucket account (http://photobucket.com/). They have a handy feature where you can just tick boxes next to all the photos you want to display anywhere else on the web, and they give you the html code to copy and paste into your blog. I use the thumbnail codes so that my pictures will be small enough to put several on one line. Then, unfortunately, I do have to format the code so that there aren't line breaks after each picture, but that just involves deleting the line breaks between the ones I want together on the same line. (When you're composing your post, there are two tabs at the upper right, and one of them is "Edit HTML" - that's what you have to use.)
Do you upload your photos using Blogger's image upload tool when you're composing your posts? I just checked out the tool and read the code, and I don't understand some of it, so I can't figure out how to modify it yet. Also, I'm not sure that it's not just the image size that's the problem in my test post, with the two images being too large to fit on one line within the margins.
I'm not sure if any of this is helpful - f you want any more information about Photobucket, or a tutorial or anything, just let me know!
Oh my gosh, poor Miss Teen South Carolina! I sat there with my mouth hanging open, just so embarrassed for her. (But I still had to hee-haw.) Cripes, she should have just said, "DUUHHHHHHH..." and sat down!
Post a Comment