

For something even more awe-inspiring (not sure what word to use here), check out this video of a house in the White River in Calico Rock. You didn't read that wrong, I said in the river.
And since I didn't get around to it last week,

Some cherry blossoms I found outside of town on March 1.
And happy Easter! I'm on spring break this week, so I hope to do some catch-up with blogs.

4 comments:
Wow! My mom's been saying they've had a lot of water and all the creeks are up but... wow! I wonder how high the river is at OBU!
Stephanie,
Yeah, in Mena the creeks are/were really high, but further north and west in the state is where the rivers really rose - actually the paper reported that the Arkansas River flood stage hasn't even hit the Mississippi yet, and when it does there will be nowhere for the water to go but out. I looked around to see if there were any OBU bloggers reporting on the water (I would if I lived there!) but couldn't find any. This National Weather Service page reports that the flood stage is still at 17 feet, whatever that means! I bet the gazebo is very soggy.
Holy smokes, now that's some water!
That's an amazing cherry blossom shot. I'd love a copy to frame. (I still have that shot of the red leaves framed in my living room. You may not even remember it. It was a copy you gave to me YEARS ago.)
You are crazy gifted in photography, my friend. =)
Kristy,
...and it's STILL raining, as I'm sure you know! I don't know how much more the rivers can take.
And thank you! I'll try to find the original of the cherry blossoms - my hard drive situation is a bit weird at the moment, so it may take me a little while if it needs editing. I think I do remember the red leaves - I'm so pleased that's been a nice thing for you! (I'm blushing a little here.)
Post a Comment