Wednesday, February 11, 2009

John Williams is da man



This is the coolest thing I've seen all week. The lyrics will mean the most to you if you're a real Star Wars geek, and the music will thrill you most if you're a movie soundtrack geek, but regardless, check it out! It's a tribute to Star Wars and composer John Williams by one dude in four-part a capella harmony. I was able to pick out melodies from seven different John Williams scores - how about you?

4 comments:

Alicia said...

That is seriously so clever-and I don't have any particular love of Star Wars or ANY musical ability. I watched the whole thing-SO cool. It looks amazingly difficult, and I kept thinking it was different guys that look alike.

So glad you left a comment on my blog! Make sure you check on St. Patty's Day as well!

Shayna said...

Alicia, I agree - this guy must have practiced a LOT and really worked hard on writing the arrangement! Geeks with skills can really create some interesting things.

I'll keep checking your blog! I've been mainly lurking, but I enjoy it. :)

Kathy said...

Wow, this is great - what talent. I'm finally getting caught up on blogs myself. Been a little too busy lately. thanks for this one!

Shayna said...

Kathy, I'm glad you liked it too. I was amazed!