Saturday, July 04, 2009

July sunflowers

Daddy has some beautiful sunflowers in his garden. One, which came up volunteer from last year's scattered seeds, is 10 feet 10 inches tall! Daddy took a ladder and a measuring tape and checked.


Photobucket




Here are some others. (Click to see better.)

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Wow! That is one big sunflower. I love that it came up on it's own.

You'll appreciate this story. Last fall I had a couple of little pumpkins that we never got around to carving. They eventually started to rot so rather than putting them in the garbage I threw them in my backyard behind the garage to see what would happen. They completely rotted away and (with the help of my kids) the seeds scattered along the back of the garage. I now have more pumpkin plants than I can count!! We'll see what happens to our little experiment. I'm not watering them or anything so I don't know if we'll get any pumpkins but we have some pretty flowers right now. :)