Sunday, November 29, 2009

Recipes and an autumn weekend

Novelty cookie recipe: Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies. I made these for my brother this weekend, and although it sounds like a terrible idea, try it before you decide! (Unless you just don't like bacon, chocolate, or cookies, of course.) The consensus here seemed to be that they're surprisingly good, and they don't taste "meaty."

Candied bacon Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies


And another recipe that might be of interest with the holidays coming up: Gingerbread House. It's much easier to buy one of the kits with the gingerbread already baked and cut in the right sized pieces, but if you want to do it from scratch, this could work. I did it last year and Allie and Layla helped decorate it; it was very fun. (Edit: My bad! Andy provided vital assistance in the construction and decoration of the gingerbread house, too.)

Gingerbread house pieces Gingerbread House


We got to spend a day with Allie and Layla this weekend, so I'll continue learning to work with Flickr and share some pictures. (I've edited the links so they lead to large versions of the photos, rather than the photo page on Flickr, which I've made Friends/Family only. Let me know if it doesn't work!)

Layla had fun with a pile of leaves in the front yard.
Throwing leaves

With Daddy in the leaf pile


And here she is playing with Zoe, and with pudding.
Zoe & Layla Pudding face


Allie is as tall as Grandma now!
Allie & oak tree swing Playing dress-up with Grandma

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uuuh, I do believe I helped deco that gingerbread house last Christmas :p tyvm. Love, ur fav bro.

Shayna said...

Whoops, bro! You are absolutely right! I will edit right now. I don't want to take all the credit for our architectural masterpiece! :)