
It's two layers of dark chocolate cake with strawberry jam in between and on top, frosted with a mixture of whipped cream and partially-set red Jell-o, which firmed up when I chilled the cake. On top I made a heart with mini chocolate chips and filled it with slices of strawberry, which also look like hearts if you cut them right. We'll see how it actually tastes. (In the picture, you can also see my stacks of papers and the way I applied the chocolate chips to the top of the cake. My fingers alone weren't precise enough with such tiny chips.) I'm taking white grape juice and club soda to mix as "champagne."
I also made a bunch of origami hearts. They're cute and fun, but it took me awhile to figure out the diagrams. They'll be nice for decorating the food table.

No comments:
Post a Comment