
Monday Allie had a softball game. She's Number 12, plays "behind shortstop" (a special mid-left field position), and has lost her two front teeth.

I took several walks and got some pictures. The roadsides are full of coreopsis (the gold flowers) and there's one spot where some climbing roses are all wild over the road. On one of my walks I made friends with some cows, as I often do. I should remember to tell Allie I didn't have to wiggle my bottom at them to get them to come (her method).

And there was wildlife: five or six foot black snake on the dirt road and a skink Andy caught in their kitchen.

I came back to Little Rock with a trunk full of discount stuff from the Food Mission, a sack of freshly-picked kale and spinach, and some cups of zinnia seedlings planted in worm castings Allie and I dug up from the ditch by the dirt road. What a wondrous worm habitat to play in!

No comments:
Post a Comment