Sunday, May 01, 2005

Soccer, Heifer, and school

Two weeks ago was Mama's OLT production of Meshuggeh Nuns. It was lots of fun, and everybody came. Layla had to be held a lot out in the lobby, but that meant I got to dance with her. Afterwards we had birthday cake for Gramma, and Allie spent the night. Saturday morning I took her to her soccer game. She was back in the evening, still incredibly full of energy: play outside (a game in the pasture involving CB radios, magic wands, the cedar tree as a lair, and villains named Ursula and Dracula), bath, make cookies for Gramma, and finally I settled her on the couch and rubbed her back while she watched TV. The apple trees were blossoming. It was a really nice weekend.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Last weekend I went to Heifer Ranch in Perryville for their Earth Day celebration. It's sort of an open house/activity day at the farm they use for education and research about small-scale sustainable agriculture. They also have a "global village" of different types of houses from developing countries. (Here's a link to a page about Heifer International's work.) Gorgeous day, beautiful scenery, and I got to see and touch the camels, llamas, ducks, goats, water buffalo, and bunnies.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


I've got one more week of classes, then finals. It's the busy time of the semester. The students are distracted and burned out, and I think we're all ready to be finished. Thank goodness for coffee!

No comments: