Saturday, March 29, 2008

Spring break hello

I had an unexpected couple of free hours this morning, so I spent the time, as I've been meaning to do for weeks now, surfing Blogland and leaving comments here and there. Hello, blogging friends! I'm sorry I don't visit more often.

I'm sitting on my mom's couch in front of the picture window in the front room, watching the rainy weather, listening Kermit sing "Rainbow Connection" over the snoring of two cats, and drinking coffee with chocolate milk from a local dairy. (Thank you Allie! She brought it back from a 4-H field trip last week.)

I have a couple of minutes left and waaaaaay too many March photos to deal with, so I'll try and pick out just a few from this week. I still need to find a new way to share photos. I like Photobucket's thumbnails, but it takes me so long to format the html the way I want it that I end up just not posting.



Sunset in Hot Springs, Good Friday; Easter eggs to hide; Andy and Layla dyeing eggs.


Allie and Ella; Layla in her dress-up jewelry from her Easter basket; Allie's Lego house.


A windy day on Rich Mountain; the first wood violets of the season.

5 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Beautiful pictures, as always!!!

Alicia said...

You are such a gifted photographer! Love these pictures, especially the sweet one of your mom and nieces. And that sunset shot-amazing!

Krit said...

Your pictures are just GORGEOUS. Wow!

Shayna said...

Thanks, y'all!

Alicia, that sunset shot, I have to admit, was taken out the front window of my car while driving. I have learned some bad habits from my dad! Sometimes I just can't resist, though. Things are so beautiful.

Krit said...

Man, that's impressive! Anything I take out the front window of a moving car looks like I took it out of the front window of a moving car. All smeary. And you can usually see the dried-bug remains on the window.

If you take that electrical wire out of the shot, it's frame-worthy.