Sunday, May 04, 2008

Two cities (a few April pictures)

Kristy asked for more photos, and I have been tardy in providing them, sorry! We've just finished classes for the semester, and with only finals to go, I've got a little more time.

I ought to mention that we had a lot of tornadoes come through Arkansas on Friday (again) and although there were a couple close to this area, my neighborhoods are fine. In fact, there had been no forecast of tornadic activity, just thunderstorms, so I sent my students home reassuring them that it was all fine! I felt bad when Mama called me from Kansas City to tell me we had twisters bearing down. I'm sure the students are all okay, though they may have gotten wet. Interestingly, we had just watched a movie in class that morning: Twister. No kidding. It was their choice.

On to the pictures. :) This is what I had in my camera since the last time I uploaded.

Hot Springs on a Friday. I was there for a conference a couple of weeks ago and had some time to walk around the Promenade above Bathhouse Row.



Sunrise in my side mirror (I had to leave early); azaleas and trees on the promenade.




Little Rock on a Saturday. The Historic Arkansas Museum and Earth Day Festival on the grounds of the Clinton Presidential Center.


Ox-eye daisies and showy evening primrose by a log barn.



Walk from downtown to the Museum; the Game & Fish Commission freshwater fish education tank.


The Aquaduct water filtration bike; children cardboard-sledding down the hill by the Museum.



Buttercups by the river; I met Andy and Charlie and some other folks for lunch downtown!; "hehaw" tree graffiti.


Also, I celebrated Truman's tenth birthday last week! This is him sitting on top of my coleus seedlings in a pot on my balcony.




5 comments:

Krit said...

Ooo! Yay, pictures!

I just returned from mom and dad's (a.k.a Land of Dinosaur Internet), so I'm a tad late on seeing your post. Love the azaleas, the side mirror sunset shot, and the bridge.

Thanks for the pictures, buddy. =)

Oh, and p.s., if you're reading, Charlie, you look great! (Even without the Q-tip Swab band hat that we used to all love so much. Hee.)

Krit said...

Whoops. Didn't look at the date on this one.

Turns out I'm not late at all.

Turns out I'm more of a Stalker (commenting right after you put it out there.) =)

Stephanie Kay said...

Your poor traumatized students! My favorite scene is when the cow flies through the air. Classic.

Alicia said...

I love it when you post! Great shots!

Anonymous said...

oooh. I liked these pictures. Very nice. The one of the sunrise in your side mirror is really good!