Monday, April 06, 2009

April at the zoo

I have a membership to the zoo here, and it's been a great investment. The zoo is a safe, pleasant place I can go to get out of my apartment and be outside, and bonus, there are animals! There's even a large gazebo with free wifi, and I often go there to grade papers away from the distractions in my office or apartment. That's what I was doing on Saturday for about five hours, but I also managed to take a few pictures.

(Click on the thumbnails to see the photos better.)


Photobucket Photobucket
One of the giraffes observing a human family | Grey crowned cranes in their new veldt habitat

Photobucket Photobucket
Dogwoods at the zoo | Young hickory leaves and a pine near my apartment

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Green grass and a strawberry blossom growing by the camel enclosure fence | Profusion of pink and white azaleas

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Once again, you don't disappoint when it comes to great pictures!

Stephanie Kay said...

We visited "your" zoo when we were in AR in 2007. I was VERY impressed. We also have a zoo membership to our local zoo. It's only 15 minutes from my house and cost us $80 for the year. Definitely money well spent!

Shayna said...

Sheila, thank you! The zoo is a great place to take pictures. Stephanie, I agree - if the zoo isn't too far away a membership is a great investment! It's so family friendly and pleasant and interesting. Everybody can find something they like. (I remember my niece Allie loving the alligator best, funnily enough.)