
Hostas on a rainy Saturday at the zoo
(Goodness, I don't remember making the card that large! Sorry.)
Speaking of the earth... I like trees. :) I have a lot of pots on my balcony, and anytime one of them is "invaded" by a volunteer tree seedling, I try to surrender the pot and let the tree grow. (Okay, not for sweetgums. But everything else.) I'm currently raising two willows, four longleaf pines, and two oak trees, and I've planted one young oak and gave another to Andy and Charlie to plant. I hope to plant a lot more! I've been thinking about it recently because of all the beautiful old trees Mena lost in the tornado. I spoke with a Forest Service worker last weekend, and after offering me 200 mulberry saplings on the spot (sadly, I couldn't take them) he told me they're making arrangements to get some trees over to Mena, either for this planting season (which ends in a week) or next year's. The Forest Service will give away trees by the hundreds, the problem is arranging the labor and space to put them in the ground. I could personally plant five or ten at a time, but not 200.

2 comments:
Your photograhy is really something special. I pretty much want to frame everything I see on your site. Think I have the wall space?? ;)
Whoops. Perhaps proofreading would have been a good idea.
Your PHOTOGRAPHY is also special. ;)
Post a Comment