My sleeping has been so weird lately. I fall asleep on the couch before midnight, with my work spread out, half-done; maybe I wake up several times in the night and try to do some more work, and keep falling back asleep. Eventually I get into bed, though I never remember doing it, and sometimes I forget to set the alarms. I haven't been late to class yet, fortunately.
After classes ended this afternoon (noon on Fridays) I spent almost five hours on campus doing more planning. I have to get that stuff out of the way before I start working on my thesis; otherwise I'll forget and have to scramble at the last minute, like I've been doing. Made a test and some video worksheets and a lab.
Then I went to Leo's Greek Castle for a falafel sandwich and to Best Buy to spend my birthday money. My normal practice if I get birthday money is to buy the latest Newberry Award winner in hardback, but I got the feeling Mama would love it if I got the electronic adaptor device I mentioned to her. So I got one of those and the Finding Nemo soundtrack. (I figured it would be good for when I'm working on my thesis.)
It took me most of the evening to set up and test everything with the various recording functions and combinations of the two VCRs, but now all I have to do when I want to watch a DVD is walk over and push a button. Tell you what, it's a good thing my car doesn't have power windows or locks and there's no refrigerator at work, because otherwise my life would be getting so convenient I wouldn't know what to do with myself.
Saturday, July 03, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment