The night of the Fourth, I think, there was a tremendous storm, with flood watches over half the state. That has happened every week this spring and early summer, it seems, but this time was different. The next morning, the air was so humid I could see beams of light shining through it like dust in a barn. And that day, it started to get hot. It feels like summer now. We had another morning thunderstorm yesterday, but when you get into the car at the end of the day, it's baking. And the pavement in the evening smells like summer. I finally heard cicadas.
I've been trying to do all-nighters. Every day I think, this is the day I'll finish my thesis! I'm finding my optimism and lack of panic disconcerting. Especially considering I'm working on two hours of sleep every night this week.
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment