I worked on my thesis all last week in increasingly adrenaline-pumped evening and late-night sessions. On Friday and Saturday nights I gave myself a break and got five and six hours of sleep, but last night I vowed to finish before I slept. And I did. I wasn't even really cutting it close, so I didn't once feel panicked during the process. In fact, it was kind of enjoyable, for an all-nighter pulled off in a creepy empty office building in a drab, windowless office. I printed the document, deposited it in my advisor's door slot, and made it home in time to sleep for an hour and arrive at class on time, showered, dressed, and sort of fed.
I realized I was tired in my afternoon class when I woke up and realized I'd been standing there writing gibberish on the blackboard. It's not that hard to fall asleep standing up, but to do it while talking to a group of people and writing grammar on the board, that's quite an achievement. I decided I wouldn't do the errands I'd planned for after class. If I could doze off at the blackboard, I could do it while driving.
But it's out of my hands for a little while, and I'm free to worry about all the other little things I've been pushing aside. Also maybe watch some TV and go to bed early. Excellent.
Monday, July 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment